Health, safety and environmental issues require constant attention within today’s workplace. Our team of consultants provide site survey and risk assessment reports containing scientific and engineering information which is laid out in non-technical terms. Emphasis is placed on providing guidance and practical solutions.
Many positive results arise from our water hygiene surveys, Legionellosis risk assessments, air quality surveys and health & safety audits:
- Assessment of site conditions and management programmes, highlighting any specific water or air quality problems (potential or existing).
- Peace of mind. This is achieved by ensuring that water and air services comply with current legislation standards and codes of practice. We also ensure that the health and safety of employees and employers are optimised. COSHH implications relating to the use, storage and handling of treatment chemicals will also be considered.
- Cost effectiveness – offering practical solutions where problems have been identified. Advice on the safe and efficient operation of systems.
- Recommendations for reducing energy costs, water consumption, chemical usage and effluent discharge/ treatment costs.
- Advice on suitable maintenance and water/ air quality monitoring programmes detailing measures to be taken.
Clearwater’s team of surveyors are trained and experienced at monitoring the indoor environment and building services – typically drinking water systems, domestic cold and hot water services, cooling systems, chilling and heating systems, other water systems, air handling systems, local exhaust ventilation systems and the served environment.
Poor design, operation and maintenance can cause problems. Aspects of engineering, construction materials and environmental conditions must all be evaluated if the system is to remain trouble free.
Water quality surveys & Legionellosis risk assessments are commissioned by a wide range of organisations including government departments, healthcare premises, hotels, schools, offices, retail outlets, industry and manufacturing companies.
Our surveyors and engineers assess water systems with a view to locating the source of any current or potential problems.
Water systems are assessed in terms of their engineering and the likelihood that they will cause contamination. This is done specifically with regard to chemical and microbiological factors. All surveys are completed with respect to current guidelines and legislation. Our Legionellosis risk assessments comply with the requirements of ACOP L8.
Following completion of a site survey/Legionellosis risk assessment a detailed report is issued. The report will contain details of the survey findings, a schematic diagram of the water services examined, photographs and recommendations for remedial action to ensure and maintain acceptable water quality and system conditions.
Clearwater’s laboratory can offer a comprehensive chemical and microbiological analytical service. The range of expertise and combined experience of our staff in conjunction with our quality management systems ensure a service of the highest professional and technical standards.
All analysis is in compliance with appropriate European and UK legislation and guidelines including:
- Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulation 2000.
- Private Water Supply Regulations 1991.
- Microbiology of Drinking Water 2002 – Water Quality & Public Health.
- Participation in external proficiency schemes including Aquacheck and PHLS Legionella.