Clearwater's Effluent division provides complete packages for waste water and effluent treatment; supported by its engineering and pumps division to ensure optimum performance and reliability.
'Under the Water Resources Act 1991 (as amended by the Environment Act 1995) you need permission from the Environment Agency if you want to discharge effluent to inland freshwaters, coastal water or estuaries, ground waters or land.' (www.gov.uk)
Effluent treatment plants (ETPs) are used to treat water-based waste so that it can be safely discharged into the environment or reused, with the raw materials and product recovered.
Effective management and control of effluent treatment will:
- Comply with current health and safety, environmental and legislative concerns.
- Reduce operating costs and increase profit
- Improve businesses public image
The Mogden Formula:
Charges for trade effluent are based on The Mogden formula below:
Charge per unit of effluent = R + [(V + Bv) or M] + B(Ot/Os) + S(St/Ss)7 (www.ofwat.gov.uk)
- Clearwater can supply complete effluent solutions and novel approaches to reducing businesses Total Cost of Operation (TCO)
- Clearwater can supply containerised modular effluent plants, chemicals and dosing equipment to ensure you are within your discharge limits and working at optimum efficiency.
- Whatever sector Clearwater can offer a range of cost effective solutions
Your Clearwater representative will work with you to optimise areas of your operation, including clarification, biological systems and sludge dewatering. Clearwater is focused on increasing your profitability and maximising your competitive advantage. Contact us today to find out more.
Click here to complete our free Effluent Calculator.